POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Warp
Date: 21 Apr 2009 11:19:56
Message: <49ede41c@news.povray.org>
somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> "scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message news:49ed8c94@news.povray.org...

> > You are talking like there is some basic human right that you should have
> > access to every single website in existance?  Why on Earth should that be
> > the case?

> Agreed. As a sidenote, some piracy advocates claim that there's some basic
> human right that guarantees them access to every single bit of infomation
> out there. I call that the "entitlement mentality". There was a point not
> too long ago where creators were respected and it was a priviledge to be
> able to purchase and enjoy the fruits of their hard work and investment.
> Nowadays, creators and providers are regarded as greedy scumbags if they
> don't give you the heaven and the earth for free.

  Yeah, there's absolutely no difference between:

1) The claim that people should be given unhindered access to all free
information in the internet.

2) The claim that people should be given free access to all copyrighted
commercial material.

  These two things are the exact one and the same, and advocating one
advocates the other.

--
                                                          - Warp